Veuve Clicquot Out of the Box- 04.17.09
Veuve Clicquot is presenting Out of the Box at the Milano Salone del Mobile 2009 ~ and NOTCOT has a first peek at the goodies being shown! Their new DesignBox is an eco-friendly gift box ~ which they’ve put into the hands of Tom Dixon, Front Design, and 5.5 Designers to see what it inspired in them. These three collaborations come together at the SuperStudio Piu exhibition along with the Domus Academy (my alma mater!) Master in Design projects on Via Tortona, 27 from April 22nd through 27th.
Above you can see renderings of Couch by Front Design, Lamp by Tom Dixon, and Cellar by 5.5 Designers. And on exciting news if you’re in milan… only 500 of Tom Dixon’s lamp have been produced and on day of the event 490 lamps (which are limited edition) will be made available to guests in Milan on a first-come first served basis!!! But for now, check out larger images and more info on the next page!
Will you be in Milan? Have some great photography skills and an obsession for design? I won’t be making it out this year, but some eyes and ears over there to help cover some events might be fun…
i love that hexagon logo shaped hole on the side of the box that says PUSH.
More info about the new eco Veuve Clicquot DesignBox from the press release:
The design and production of DesignBox includes a number of innovations that also reinforce Veuve Clicquot’s commitment to sustainability:
- The box is mono-material - made of just paper - which avoids difficulties associated with recycling and certain fabrication processes that are often polluting
- No plastic lamination (protective plastic film) is used in the box - with inks, glues and solvents representing less than 5% of the total weight of the product
- The paper used comes from forests under management of the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), a non-profit organization established to promote the responsible management of our forests.
- Micro-grooving reduces the usage of paper in packaging
- The DesignBox will be launched commercially in June 2009
Cellar by 5.5 Designers
Couch by Front Design
Lamp by Tom Dixon
Here’s the info on the Domus Academy events at the Salone this year: