Fallon’s Alice Campaign for Syfy- 12.04.09
So you’ve seen the Day In The Life of the White Rabbit so far… well, here is more of the campaign that Fallon has put together for Syfy. This is one of those posts that took me a while to figure out how/what to show you because while i love each part individually, conceptually all together its fun to see how this one crosses in and out of online, tech, and real world! See if you can follow it all…
1. 50 Real human Rabbits run around NYC
2. Real human rabbits disappear and a huge building sized projection shows the rabbits climbing the wall…
3. Rabbit projections and real rabbits continue to run around NYC prompting people to “FOLLOW ME” which of course means twitter… and real life… (nice use of alice in wonderland meets twitter, fallon.)
4. On the twitter account you can find the link to The White Rabbit Inc, a detective agency of course. The man-rabbit is there again teasing you to follow.
5. Clicking him takes you to Wonderland Tea Shop, where he causes some havoc and teases you to follow once again.
6. Now you end up at the Happy Hearts Casino, faced with an eerie Kathy Bates Queen of Hearts backed by some show girls… and he escapes again, waiting for you to follow.
7. Where you finally land at Syfy’s Alice.
Oh, but wait, that’s not all… Also fascinating, Kay jewelers is sponsoring the miniseries, and they’ve done even MORE silliness to integrate with them… There is also Alice’s Jewelry Box, where you essentially click on each of the Kay jewelry pieces to get to the “fabled Stone of Wonderland” ring of Alice’s, which then lets you see concept art for the film…
I can’t help but wonder, what’s next? Where can i get a Rabbit mask? Will the miniseries live up to the campaign? There is so much talk these days of ways to integrate social media, ways to use twitter, how to innovate on really engaging people (in both real and online worlds) for campaigns… and i’m loving what Fallon and Syfy have pulled off with this one. With so many ideas floating around, they’ve definitely taken it further than most would expect, and it feels like everyone has had a blast doing it! So take a peek to see the different parts of this campaign (and a fun video too!) on the next page!
On the WEB: The take you down the rabbit hole through The White Rabbit Inc… while the pages only work enough to have some fun animations and then take you to the next page, they are each full of so much character and detail!
To the Twitter… helping linking it all together and giving the campaign a voice you can talk to…
In REAL LIFE! Taking it to the streets ~ from real world into a projection across a building in NYC