Gift Guide: Beautiful Books- 11.29.10
Gift Guide time! In addition to the NOTCOT Holiday Coupons and the many Holiday Giveaways that will be unfolding daily… here’s my latest gift guide dedicated to beautiful BOOKS! As much as people claim print is dead ~ it’s so so not, and gorgeous glossy coffee table books, surprising analog interactive kids books, stunning magazines, design books, graphically awesome cookbooks and more are still launching constantly. On the next page, you’ll see a pick of some of my favorites for gifting this season!
1. Louis Vuitton: 100 Legendary Trunks - a curation of 100 of the finest trunks the Louis Vuitton company has produced on commission.
2. Music by Andrew Zuckerman - the amazing photographer who brought us Creature, and Bird, and Wisdom!
3. Waddle! A Scanimation Book by Rufus Butler Seder - a great follow up to Gallop! - so mesmerizing, and such a work of art! (For all ages!)
1. I Am Plastic, Too: The Next Generation of Designer Toys - by Paul Budnitz - Awesome sequel by Kidrobot founder, it’s like a yearbook of the best toy designs!
2. The Story of Eames Furniture by Marilyn Neuhart, John Neuhart, Robert Klanten, and Sven Ehmann
Threadless: Ten Years of T-shirts from the World’s Most Inspiring Online Design Community by Jake Nickell
It’s a Boy!/It’s a Girl! by Jochen Radeker and Kirsten Dietz - stunning book of photos of signage to inspire naming… whether for your newest baby… or characters in your play… a gorgeous new designer naming book! 300 photos to record company buildings and shop fronts in the USA, Europe and Asia that carry the owner’s name. (More images here)
1. The Geometry of Pasta by Caz Hildebrand and Jacob Kenedy - one of the most beautiful books i’ve fallen for this year, unlike any other, filled with gorgeous black and white vector images and recipes and stories galore! (See my close ups here)
2. Cake Pops: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats by Bakerella - one of the hottest food blog trends to grow the last few years, love that Bakerella took her hobby to a blog to a book!
3. The How Not To Cookbook: Lessons Learned The Hard Way by Aleksandra Mir
1. Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking by Nathan Myhrvold, Chris Young, and Maxime Bilet - this epic 6 volume, 2400 page set doesn’t drop till March 2011, but would be the ultimate pre-order gift for any of the culinary inclined. Photography looks mind blowing!
2. What To Cook and How To Cook It by Jane Hornby
3. Keys To Good Cooking a Guide to Making the Best Foods by Harold McGee
If there are two magazines i’ve discovered this year that are worth every penny ~ it would be Swallow Magazine for a whole new look at food and Intersection Magazine, possibly the coolest Automotive/Lifestyle magazine.